Guri Weinberg Blogs About Snatching the Role of Stefan in ‘Breaking Dawn’

Guri Weinberg took to his blog to write about snatching his role as Romanian vampire Stefan in Breaking Dawn. Here’s an excerpt:
So, I’m running errands and my wife calls me and says, “Guri, you have an audition next week for some vampire film and the part seems completely wrong for you. I just don’t see them offering you this role.”
I call my manager’s office and her assistant, Elana, answers. I tell her that based on the breakdown, I feel I am not right for the role AND I have never used a Romanian dialect in my life. So, I think I’m going to pass on this one. Then I hear silence. TENSE silence. The kind of silence that makes you want to hide sharp objects.
“It’s TWILIGHT, Guri. I don’t CARE what you think of the role. Not only will you audition with a FANTASTIC Romanian dialect, you better get it…”
“Bbbbuuuttt…”, I stammer.
“I WANT TO MEET STEPHANIE!”
“OK”, I answer…meekly…
I go in with a QUICKLY developed Romanian dialect and…I get the offer. I couldn’t WAIT to tell my wife.
“Don’t make a big deal out of it. I am STILL right most of the time.” was my wife’s response followed closely with “You know, Guri…I think we’re in for some big changes with this one.” She kissed me, gave me a hug and said, “I think we’ll need wine.” and opened a bottle.
I dig that chick.
From there, my life becomes a whirlwind of change.
Read the entire blog entry HERE