Edi Gathegi on life after Twilight, working on X-Men, and his latest project

[Photo Credit: BlackFilm.com]
Blackfilm has a new exclusive interview with Edi Gathegi, who will be appearing as mutant Darwin in the upcoming film X-Men: First Class. But of course, we know him as Laurent in Twilight and New Moon! And it looks like we might see him on our TVs in the near future, as well!
How’s life been for you as an actor since you did the first two ‘Twilight’ films? With your character killed off, were you able to get more roles?EG: I didn’t work for like a year and a half after ‘Twilight’. So, in many ways it’s not really rational because I’m an actor through and through. I went and did regional theater to fulfill me because inhabiting a character and performing is why I do it, but I definitely didn’t work for a year and a half and I questioned whether or not I was going to have the opportunity to do it at that level ever again. I went through a roller coaster of emotions after my character didn’t come back from the second ‘Twilight’ film, but I think that everything happens for a reason. It’s just great to be a part of something else, something that in many ways is a childhood fantasy. I feel very fortunate. I feel very blessed.
I read that you’re doing a pilot for a USA series called ‘Wild Card’. What’s the show about and what’s your character’s role?EG: The show takes place in Vegas and the basic concept is what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but only if you have a good lawyer. People go to Vegas and they misbehave and maybe they get thrown in jail when the sun goes down at nighttime. Our job is to get them out of jail before the sun comes up. So, it’s a dramedy. It’s an hour procedural where two lawyers and an investigator are out trying to help out these heathens. I play the investigator.
Read the full article here.